Monday, September 17, 2012

First Day Worshipping The New Religion


So I am back in Regency land, editing away on my gothic romance. I loved the few chapter segments I edited today. I have that "good write" buzz going. All is well with the world.

Since I'm being so very stringent with myself and my new writing regime (90 minutes, no distractions, no internets until my work is done) I am giving myself a particular luxury. Jane Austen.

It's been a couple years since I've read her novels, having been running around the internet trying to "read my genre", finding new authors and figuring out just what the hell my genre is. I spent Sunday having a Jane-movie-athon, watching Miss Austen Regrets, which I far prefer to Becoming Jane. Also, Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen, and the 2007 production of Northanger Abbey. Being a gothic fan, it's like candy. And Mr. Tilney is fabulous. We need cravats and long coats to come back in fashion!




I decided it was time to re-read the novels in order of publication... I would prefer order they were written in, but everything I come across confuses publication with when they were written, or swears such-and-such was the first one when other say, no, that was PUBLISHED first... I can't muddle it out. I'll go with publication dates.

That means I begin with Elinor and Marianne. Each time I read it, I feel different about the sisters. We'll see what this read shakes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment